Team Building Cooking
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Richmond, VIC
TEAM BUILDING COOKING
You’re planning an important team-building cooking event for your colleagues. You’ve done it before, but this time you really want to nail it and do something special. Your challenge is finding a team-building cooking activity that improves your teamwork, teaches leadership and personal development, health, and creativity. But most importantly, you need to find something that’s fun and rewarding. Your team is open-minded, has a positive vibe, and loves to connect with people and learn about food, culture, and history. Your team expects you to make a decision soon, and you don’t want to make the wrong choice. You could book an off-the-shelf team building cooking event that might be okay.
CHOOSE OTAO KITCHEN FOR YOUR TEAM BUILDING COOKING EVENT
We deliver the most authentic Asian Cooking Experiences in Melbourne for over 1000+ happy customers every year. We’re a boutique business with the ability to work alongside event planners for team building cooking events. We deliver exceptional value for money and memorable experiences from our purpose-designed venue in Richmond Melbourne. We help your team get deeply involved with the food and culture of Vietnam, Thailand, Japan, China… We make 25 ingredients’ recipes simple and add great stories about our family kitchen, cooking cultures, and traditions. Thanks to your team building cooking planning, your team will remember these stories, and go back home with a renewed sense of creativity, vitality, and appreciation of Asian food.
WHY YOUR TEAM WILL LIKE THIS COOKING EXPERIENCE?
Your group gets together to enjoy a hands-on cooking experience with plenty of entertainment to prepare a social cook-off party. This class is perfect for clients or work colleagues cooking together looking to ignite their culinary passions. This class would make a great gift to your clients' team or package for your employees. Located conveniently in Richmond, we are also only minutes from the Melbourne CBD and easily accessible by public transport. Our facility is a purpose-built space offering a range of hands-on and demonstration-style Vietnamese and Asian cooking classes to suit your event. Our training kitchen is fully equipped, using the latest induction cooking technology which is efficient and safe for you and your group. Group cooking classes can be personalized to suit your requirements.
- A fully interactive cooking session, everyone cooks together.
- Best value for different menu activity, entertainment, food and wine package in town!
- Can include friendly competitive pressure on the teams
- Explore fundamentals of cooking ingredients, spices and flavour profile
- Create a delicious meal to your palette then enjoy with complimentary beer and wine
- Listen to cooking tips and tricks and recreate the dishes at home with online recipes
- Chef led so there are no cooking disasters
- Flexible with timing from 2 hours or more for 10-150 people
- Everyone sits down together to enjoy and meal and a drink
- We do the dishes!
ON THE DAY
- Our Private and Corporate Cooking Events are 2-4 hours in length depending on your package. We handle all the food, drink and equipment even aprons so you and your guests can enjoy the bonding time together.
- We begin with a complimentary refresher while guests are arriving. You are introduced to the chef and team for the day. We prep for one hour. Then we together cook all the dishes. Expect to work solo or in a small team of 2,3,4 or 5 people depending on the team-building format you selected.
- Once the chopping and cutting are finished we invite you to have a drink and celebrate new flavours, exotic ingredients, cooking, drinking, eating and sharing your creations around a large kitchen table.
- We are not ordinary cooking class, there is no recipes or slide show or lecturing, we are a playful arena where you and your guests can build connections, make great memories and as well healthy and freshly made foods. You can download the recipes HERE.
- Pre and Post party venue – The National Hotel, located in Richmond’s bustling Victoria Street, is a place for locals and far-flung travellers to come together in a community-minded space, where the staff is always proud to serve and the atmosphere is heady with good vibes. http://thenationalhotel.com.au/
TEAM COOKING FORMATS FROM 1ST JUNE 2020
- MASTER CLASS. This class is great for a small team who likes to take their time and learn to master a recipe or a menu in a social setting. It would work for a team of up to 20 people per class. If you choose this class for a larger team, we would need to break the team into a smaller group of 10-16 people to complete the activity. Price is $165 pp - recommend 3-5 menu items - select any menu HERE.
- SOCIAL COOKING PARTY. This brings you fun and team building corporate cooking events and the extensive selection of cooking classes. Recipes will be streamlined so the team can put their amazing dishes together. Recommended 1-3 menu items - Vietnamese, Thai, Dumpling or From Cheese To Pizza Challenge. Price is $125 pp for 2-hour class- recommend 3-5 menu items - select any menu HERE.
- WORK CHRISTMAS PARTY 3 HOUR $165pp. Finding ideas for work Christmas party ideas in Melbourne is no mean feat, so we've taken the pain out of it by compiling this handy food experiences of the best and fun work Christmas party in Melbourne.
TEAM COOKING FORMATS - NOT OFFERING BECAUSE COVID19
- CONFERENCE AND CORPORATE COOKING. Get inspired by these clever activities that can make your conference more fun and meaningful. Savvy planners know that what takes place before, after, and in-between conference sessions can be just as valuable for attendees as the content itself. Price is from $245pp for 4-hour classes.
- CORPORATE KINDNESS COOKING. Break the Melbourne city bustle with fun and interactive Corporate Kindness Program to champion team members to give back to the community - working with most marginalized communities, understand them and giving them support. Food will be prepared, package and transport to homeless people. You will cook, share, celebrate and inspire with our range of menus. Price is $185 for a 3-hour class with 3-5 dishes to share.
- TEAM FOOD OLYMPICS. Take your team for popular 30-minute Olympics cooking challenge, each team 2,3,4 or 5 people must use a basket of mystery ingredients to create a meal before time runs out. Price is $109 pp for a 2-hour class with 2 dishes to compete.
- MASTER CHEF COMPETITION. Take a leaf from reality television, turn up the heat, and cook against the clock to win! Our Masterchef Challenge is fast-paced and perfect for your next team building day or staff event. Price is $185 for a 3-hour class with all food and drink.
- AMAZING RACE AND COOKING CHALLENGE. The only event like it in Australia! Hunt down the Victoria Street for goodies and cook yourselves a wonderful feast in this amazing race and cooking challenge. Price is from $185 for 3-hour cooking and competing for pls drinks.
- ASIAN FOOD TRUCK COOKING CHALLENGE. A food truck is really a business dating back many years and recently a challenge still for many chefs and business owners. We have taken the food truck from its chassis to our kitchen as your food truck business challenge.
TEAM BUILDING ACCESSORIES
- Photographer $495 for the 2 hours.
- Apron $45 each with your logo and our embroidered - minimum order 20pcs
- Set of 3 Japanese knives shun kai gift from $549
- Wooden chopping board trophy 125-$250 each
- Chef jacket and hat $125 each
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call chef Ha Nguyen 0408 217 899 for available date/time and obligation free quote today.
- A minimum charge/number of participants applies to the minimum group size of 10 people.
- Payment in full is required at the time of booking to reserve or hold your booking and may be made via credit or debit card, cash or bank transfer.
- You can secure the date by a deposit of 4 seats or 25% of the total invoice, whatever is more. The balance is due one week before the event upon confirmation of the guest numbers and their dietary requirements. More https://otaokitchen.com.au/terms/
WE HOST TEAMS OF
SEEK.COM, CRICKET AUSTRALIA, SCOTTISH FINANCE, REALSTATE.COM, ERNST & YOUNG, TOP DECK TRAVEL, KORNN FERRY RECRUITMENT, BUNNINGS, NBN CO, FONTERRA, HENGI, HUDSON, GFM WEALTH, CARE SUPER, COLONIAL FIRST STATE, RPS GROUP, SAN CHURRO CHOCOLATE, S CENTRE GROUP, VIC ROADS, TRANSURBAN, JAQUAR, FUTURE YOU, TALENT WITHIN, MAY BORN, GUIDE DOGS VICTORIA, CBRE, CARGILL, FEDERATION CENTRE
YARRA RANGE COUNCIL, BAPT CARE, AUSTRALIAN RED CROSS, ... and many more...