Private Cooking Party
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Richmond, Victoria
Do you want to stimulate creativity and innovation as well as to reinforce collaboration and staff morale or hosting a private cooking party? Otao Kitchen offers a wide range of cooking activities at a venue fully equipped for large groups. If your crew contains a mix of starter and seasoned home chefs, our menus are designed for all skill levels. Our main focus of our corporate event is to provide a fun activities so you and your group members can enjoy themselves and bond with one another. Hosting a cooking party at Otao kitchen is easier than a dinner party and more fun than potluck. Our ultimate Asian food cooking parties invite everyone in the kitchen and we do the clean up!
Have you noticed that everyone gathers in the kitchen at your party? It's usually the hub of activity as well as the most welcoming spot in a person home or your office. The conversation may start from here. The next time you entertain, rather than doing all of the work yourself or opting not to host because it's too much clean up and preparation you can consider having a cooking party and making dinner a joining effort at Otao kitchen.
- Ultimate organic way of building relationship and connecting to people
- Hands-on cooking experience with your own chef or chefs with fundamentals of fresh ingredients and flavours
- Prepare a range of quick, healthy and authentic Asian recipes with cooking tips, tricks and techniques
- Refreshment drinks throughout the class and a wonderful meal to enjoy at the end, with complimentary sparkling wine and beer
- Access to exclusive use of our venue, indoor and outdoor function spaces available
ON THE DAY
- We begin with complimentary refresher while guests are arriving. Next, we prep for for 1 hour. Then we together cook all the dishes. Finally you and your guests can enjoy new flavours, exotic ingredients, cooking, drinking, eating and sharing your creations around a large kitchen table.
- We handle all arrangements so you and your guests can enjoy the bonding time together. Beyond a one stop activity spot, we really pride ourselves on the fact that our cooking experiences truly bring people together in a unique way, smelling, feeling, slicing, dicing, rolling and panfrying.
- We are not ordinary cooking class, there is no recipes or slide show or lecturing, we are a playful arena where you and your guests can build connections, make great memories and as well healthy and freshly made foods.
- If you have market or walking tour – the tour can be done before or after classes.
- Post party venue – The National Hotel, located on Richmond’s bustling Victoria Street, is a place for locals and far-flung travellers to come together in a community-minded space, where the staff are always proud to serve and the atmosphere is heady with good vibes. http://thenationalhotel.com.au/
PRIVATE FUNCTION IN MELBOURNE
Food is a great way of bringing people together, and is an important element of any successful event. Whether you need a host a corporate function or corporate event or just wanting to have private party venues, Otao Kitchen can provide an exceptional Private and Corporate events' services customised to your needs and budget.
Our chefs have years of experience teaching people how to cook and consider it a privilege to show you his or her best methods at all kinds of events and celebrations. The key to our service is our passion for food, exceptional service and an great attitude that translates into exceptional Private and Corporate events that will have all your guests coming back for seconds.
HOST A MEMORABLE BIRTHDAY AND CELEBRATION AT OTAO KITCHEN
Birthdays and celebrations are particularly special to all of us and organising the perfect birthday or celebrations is delicate task for many of us. Sorting our foods, beverage, bonding activities and venue for all the attending family and friends can be a daunting task to face on your own, so let our team handle the task for you with delicious food and great cooking activity to suit even the fussiest eaters without blowing your budget. We have become one of the most sought after hens party and corporate event company in Melbourne and are more than capable of catering to any special dietary requirements.
People love to cook and share the foods with their friends and family. Giving people something to do in the kitchen is more fun because everyone like to engage in your party. This way you can learn so much more about your friends and family as their personality may come out when they are chopping and preparing the meal.
FEW TIPS WHEN BOOKING A COOKING PARTY
- Pick up a time which you decide for dinner or lunch. Please note this is a cooking party so you want people to come to cook then eat their own foods so you don't want to delay the time as they would be hungry. Pick 10am for lunch. Pick 2pm for early dinner. Pick 6pm for late dinner.
- Choose menus that use have different type of dishes - meat, fish, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free and flexible in food substitute. We have got great selection of Vietnamese, Thai, Korean, Japanese or Indian
- Get Otao Kitchen chef advice on a healthy balance menu with have variety items to cook, eat and "feel good" moments.
- Most packages will have wines and beers so you save money not to have to buy the drink at the bar. It is important to be safe so you must make other understand that they can do the chopping then drinking is a safe bet!
- Let your guests choose their own cooking partners or pull names out of a hat. Or, if you want to assign partners, consider pairing a more experienced cook with a novice so everyone learn from each other. This can also work for people to get to know each other well.
- Consider a simple menu such as our popular dumpling party or Vietnamese cooking party as they can cook and prepare their own meals with option of opt out some ingredients in a recipe.
PRIVATE AND CORPORATE COOKING SAMLE MENU
THE DUMPLING PARTY - 2 HOURS
For things to do in Melbourne, you can't get more immersed in food culture than the Dumplings Party. Learning to make dumplings is a true culinary escapade, both inside and outside of the Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese popular cultures. Beginning with making the perfect dough then learn how to shape your best dumplings, get inspiration for composing your gourmet Japanese, Vietnamese and Chinese menus.
- Choice of Pork, Chicken, Prawn Dumplings or Vegetarian Dumpling
- Steamed rice dumplings in banana leaf
- Ask us for complimentary rice paper rolls
- Fruits and drink
*Gluten free dumplings availableVIETNAMESE COOKING MENU 2-4 HOURS
Explore Vietnamese heritage and traditional cooking with many dishes with fresh herbs, vegetables and choice of meats and seafood dishes to cook and share. Great with “pick and choose” or substitutes what each person wants to eat. Definitely choice for cooking party with dietary (gluten free, dairy free, vegan, vegetarian…) friendly, and healthy choice.
- Chả giò - Spring rolls - Vegetarian or Pork or Chicken
- Goi Cuon – Fresh Rice Paper Rolls, Nuoc Cham - Fish sauce dip
- Cha Tom - Sugar Cane Prawn
- Bo La Lot - Beef in betel leaf
- Hoanh Thanh - Wontons
- Banh xeo - Saigon pancake and stuffings
- Bun Thit Nuong - Pork and Vermicelli Salad
- Chè Trôi Nước – Sweet Glutinous Rice Dumplings.
Unique and sophisticated, Japan is a country of binaries. It works beautifully both the traditional and ultra-modern, and hosts buzzing cities alongside stunning natural landscapes. Japanese food is notoriously nutritious, with a diet based around fresh fish, soy, fermented produce. Please note some of the Japanese dishes has ready-made produce and quite often we can’t substitute for other ingredients well - gluten, soy and fish are prominent on the menu.
- Cup of Miso Soup
- Goya Dumplings pork and ginger filling
- Sushi Makings with pickles, fish, meats
- Okonomiyaki Japanese pancake
- Daikon Salad with sesame dressing
- Ramen Noodle, Pork and Broth
- Japanese teriyaki (Chicken, Beef Or Seafood) with Rice
- DaikonSalad with sesame dressing
Great cooking party with fresh herbs, vegetables and choice of meats and seafood dishes. Most dishes will have elements i.e fresh herbs, fish sauce, shrimp paste, curry paste, coconut cream, rice, chilli spices. Though Thai cuisine is brilliantly complex tasting and known for its amazing balance of sour, sweet, bitter and salty it’s actually easy to make. Great choice for cooking party wanting to share dishes – for example large green chicken curry or spicy Thai salad!
- Curry Making + Thai Dipping Sauce
- Fish Cakes, Bean and Lime Leaf
- Green Chicken Curry, Bean, Eggplant
- Tom Yum Goong - Spicy shrimp soup or chicken
- Thai Salad - vegetarian or w/ beef
- Festive Rice + Duck Curry
- Candied bananas (kluay naam waa cheuam)
COOKING EVENT DURATION
- Cooking Party often creates beautiful memories and we like to learn while doing. This is a hands on cooking party event, every times your party made something, they will eat and then start another dish. It is great way to learn in our 2-3 hours cooking class. You will make 4-5 dishes.
- You KNOW your group well and how much stories they want to share and bonding time, we don't recommend longer than the duration we proposed as you will have great party with people wanting for more!
WHAT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- It is the best value for activity, entertainment, food and wine package in town! The price includes: all foods for cooking and plenty to cook and eat, refresher drink, local Yarra Burn sparkling wine or equivalent, cooking activity, private venue-indoor and outdoor, brilliant chef instructor.
- Cooking party is great way for your party to have a memorable night of fun and laughter and learn some cooking tips and tricks. Please note your participants would have plenty of foods so you don't have to book lunch or dinner!
DEPOSIT AND BOOKING?
- You can book by contacting chef Ha 0408 217 899 or firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to secure your booking you will need to pay
- Pay 4 ticket or 25% deposit. This deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE for cancellations with less than 21 days’ notice.
- A booking with deposit is required for securing the date/time. If you cancel the date/time without booking a new date/time, a fee of $25 pp will apply.
- Full payment is required 7 days before the event date.
- There is no minimum number of participants as we can organise 2-60+ people, however there is a minimum charge 8 person. Generally the maximum group size is 20 pp. If you have a larger group, then contact us to discuss other possible arrangements.
- If you have 8 or less people, you may be able to join our weekly classes, please call to discuss.
WHEN THE EVENT IS RUN?
- Bookings essential and classes run by request. However, Saturday nights are by far the most popular day, so book early to avoid disappointment.
- We are working toward a meal so we recommend start time for Lunch 10am Early Dinner 3pm or Later Diner 6pm.
- Please note to avoid late you as the organiser will need to get the hens come on time. Meet for pre-event drink at the National Bar – few doors from us see here http://thenationalhotel.com.au/
WHAT PARTY WE CAN DO?
- We are available for private events, public cooking classes, Christmas parties, hens party, birthdays, office parties, team-building workshops, anniversaries… any celebration and party excuse will do.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP ITEMS?
- Yes we can do that by arrangement. It is your responsibility to arrange for drop off or collection during our normal operating hours email email@example.com
- 15+ or person is higher than the standard kitchen bench
BEGINNER TO ADVANCED HOME COOK?
- 95% of our clients tell us that they “don’t cook well”. Everyone will have a great time cooking and learning!
CAN I BRING MY KIDS?
- It is private event. If the participant has no problem with this, neither do we. We don’t have kid facility but if the mother and her friends can look after them for the duration of the class. Great for day cooking class but not recommend for night cooking class.
SHOULD I INVITE GIRL ONLY OR MIXED GROUP?
- Boys are welcome. As well as uncle and aunt, father and mother, father and mother in law, partners, sisters, work mates... will have a ball!
CONTACT US TODAY
Get in touch with Chef Ha Nguyen 0408 217 899 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org. Whether you’re searching for venues for a birthday party or celebration or need to impress some clients over dinner, Otao Kitchen has you covered.