Asian Cooking with Parents and Kids
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Richmond, Victoria
If your child loves to eat and have fun, you want them enrolled in our kid cooking classes. More important than having fun, your child will begin to learn a fresh and healthy alternative to foods. We use all-natural and healthy ingredients in every dish. Our menus are designed to introduce your child to some of their new favourite meals together with their loved parents and families. Our Kid Cooking Classes are fun and educational - parents, guardians and grandparents can join the class. Your experience would be different with your kids and have some fun cooking with them. If you feel your kids and teens are more advance in cooking, please book a private class from our range of masterclasses.
- The lifelong benefits of cooking with children and you may create a future home chef
- Kids and Family can cook together and full benefits of cooking
- Edible crafts with fresh ingredients and explore their food options.
- You can book the class for your kid birthday for $990 for up to 12 kids. Extra kid will be $84 pp. Request a date now.
- We do the cleanup!!
ON THE DAY
- This hands-on kid cooking class experience lasts for 2 hours
- Enjoy a complimentary refresher drink on arrival
- The chef instructor will do a demonstration for Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese. Menu changed each month.
- Kids and parents will cook the foods together
- Sit and eat together at the end with a glass of sparkling wines for adult or refresher for kids
MENU AND INGREDIENTSUpcoming classes here CALENDAR
THAI COOKING WITH KIDS | Jan, May, Sep
- Thai Corn Fritters - GF
- Glass Noodle Salad - GF
- Sticky Rice Pudding - GF
JAPANESE COOKING WITH KIDS | Feb, Jun, Oct
- Sushi salmon, avocado or vegetarian - GF
- Japanese pancake with vegetable and bacon
VIETNAMESE COOKING WITH KIDS | Mar, Jul, Nov
- Rice Paper Rolls with dipping sauce - GF
- Vietnamese Pancake with prawn or vegetarian - GF
- Cream Caramel - GF
CHINESE COOKING WITH KIDS | Apr, Aug, Dec
- Steamed Chicken Wontons and Dumplings
- Spring rolls pork or vegetarian
- Complimentary Exotic Fruits
Great Hands-On Family Friendly by Sazzle Daisy
On July 7th my two children (age 8 & 9) and I spent a lovely afternoon learning the basics of Vietnamese cooking with Ha. We made simple but delicious chicken dumplings, rice paper rolls and sesame sweet rice dough balls. Ha also introduced us to a range of Vietnamese herbs, seasonings and fruits. Ha is clearly very passionate about sharing his craft and nurturing a love of cooking in children. Parking was free and easy directly in front of the shop (beware of the clearway times though), allow extra time to get there though because Google maps have clearly never travelled along Punt or Victoria St!
I really enjoyed being able to share this hands-on experience with my children. And whilst I felt that the cooking skills taught were perhaps a little too basic they described it as "EPIC" and frankly, they're the ones who count! Highly recommend :)
Best Kid Party by Linda W
I would highly recommend Otao Kitchen cooking class. Ha is a lovely friendly chef and his cooking class was very enjoyable for our kids. The mothers dropped off the kids and I was only one who stays. From there the kids made different dumplings with meats, vegetables and spices.
The kids love their own creations. I Would highly recommend Otao for kid party. No cleanup and great fun too.
WHY COOKING WITH KIDS?
- Using our natural fresh ingredient method, we have coined the phrase “I Tried and I Liked It”. We found that when kids are involved in the preparation of their own meal, they will try and like foods they would not have otherwise given a chance.
- Children and their parents can learn in a range of classes from sushi classes to dumplings. Children’s baking classes are taught by expert chefs with experience in child-friendly settings so that your children are helped to become mini cooks.
- If cooking and eating is one of life’s greatest pleasures, teach them young. There’s so much to learn through cooking skills which go way beyond the aesthetic value of food. Measuring, weighing, estimating, guesstimating, socialising, learning about tastes, textures; the list goes on.
- Whatever the case, with expertise in cooking on family food programmes, we have seen and helped hundreds of families become better at teaching food at home. Our chef has working with children check.
COOKING WITH KIDS AT OTAO KITCHEN
We run a public class during the school holiday for kids and their family so you might want to book in advance. If you are to organise a kid birthday party, family cooking and celebration. You can book a class on Sunday afternoon at 2-4 pm.
COOKING WITH KIDS AT THEIR SCHOOL
If you plan for kid activities at their school. We can organise a perfect 1-1.5 hours class for the kids 6-12 years old. You can pick one of the menus below. Our cooking teacher will come with all the tools and ingredients for a hands-on cooking class from $69 per person for a 2-hour cooking class minimum of 20 people. Please ensure that you have a kitchen set up with plenty of working space, seatings, running water and cooking stove or we can get it hired for your event. Everyone will help to prepare, and we will demonstrate the cooking steps. To lessen the works for the organiser, we can set up a private class and collect the payment on your perhaps.
MELBOURNE SCHOOL EXCURSION WITH ASIAN FOODS
Melbourne School Excursions with Asian Food Tour allows your students to gain a better understanding of the multicultural foods and food preparation itself in Melbourne. What better way to inspire your school group to embark upon a career in the food industry than by experiencing exciting world foods in their natural setting, learn how they are made and of course embarking on the taste test. In our food tours, Otao Kitchen can even offer the opportunity for your students to learn how to cook the local food. Call Chef Ha Nguyen 0408 217 899 or email us email@example.com
HOME COOKED GOODNESS SCHOOL HOLIDAY PROGRAMCome and cook for a cause! Introducing KiP's inaugural Home Cooked Goodness School Holiday Program! We are super excited about this.
KiP is delighted to announce our partnership with OTAO Cooking School. Under the guidance of one of OTAO’s qualified chef’s, you will learn to cook lasagne, pear/apple tart, and Chinese egg tart. These meals will then be donated to Belgium Avenue Neighbourhood House and Prahran Mission for their Easter lunch. But don’t worry, you will be able to sample the food you prepare, and a light lunch is also included.
These classes are designed so that you can have a fun, hands-on cooking experience while exploring the gift of giving homemade meals to those in need.
PLEASE BOOK HERE
- Kid cooking classes are a perfect solution for your Birthday party or family celebration. As someone might like the pleasure of having it at home however we think it is best to get them to our cooking studio. We are equipped with commercial equipment, purposed built cooking kitchen and availability of specific tools to make the experience smooth.
- We can cater to different dietary requirements - please let us know by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need to cancel or reschedule a booking you will need to email email@example.com. You must do this at least 7 days before your class to cancel or reschedule. We are sorry that we cannot refund or rebook any cancellations made online or in person after this time.
- In the event that you are unwell, we ask that you send someone in your place. The participants who are not unwell will still be expected to attend. Alternatively, if you provide notice prior to the class, you are welcome to collect the ingredients and online recipe to take home with you after the class. Please note that this may not be possible as fresh meats and seafood in all cases and you should call 0408 217 899 to check with the chef team. This cannot be organised via email.
- Lateness: please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of the class. We cannot accommodate or refund for those who arrive after the scheduled start time, even if you call ahead. The instructor will be expected to start on time and will not be able to repeat the health and safety and/or demonstrations at the beginning of the class.
- Read more of our FAQs and booking terms.