Ultimate Vegan Cooking 5 Day Workshop
- Duration: 5 Days (approx.)
- Location: Richmond, Victoria
Join us with this plant based cooking class to discover the smell, touch, taste and flavour profile of Asian Cookings from India to Japan. Take home your best vegetarian meal plans and cook up delicious regional vegetarian and vegan dishes in five inspiring cooking classes. Combine the traditional vegetarian foods and vegan food understanding with spending time with your chef to perfect your home cooking to its best.
This intensive course spans over 5 lessons, hosted by experienced chefs with Asian cuisine. A large proportion of this workshop’s content is “structural cooking”, how to take a concept and apply this across the board to include ingredients, flavours and textures in order to multiply recipes. The kitchen skills such making soups, protein, noodles, dumplings and stir frying are all part of the workshop experience and advanced food preparation skills and most up to date techniques and ingredients are included in the workshop. Cooking vegetarian cuisine does require some more thought over traditional cooking and sometimes needs a dimension of extra creativity.
You will expose to core techniques in the plant-based kitchen, this experience will allow you to explore and practice a variety of recipes and flavours from the region. The course begins with learning how to set-up a home kitchen so get you started cooking right away. A full introduction to core techniques for cooking vegetables, grains, legumes, and meat and dairy alternatives of plant-based foods and flavour principles. The course also covers some raw food techniques and addresses health supportive cooking with no oil, low sodium, and gluten free options.
This workshop is designed for anyone who enjoys either cooking at home to a high standard and is interested in a thorough grounding on vegetarian or for aspiring chefs or chefs already working in the industry who are looking to expand their vegetarian repertoire. You will be learning 60 recipes out of the menu list below.
Cooking vegetarian does mean expanding your creative mind. Given the intensity of this course, it is limited to 8-10 delegates only.
HOW WE RUN THE COURSE
- You can start the course any time but we prefer you to start with the Day 1 or Lesson 1 to get our kitchen orientation. If you have done any of our class before then it should be okay to join in. We will run from Lesson 1 to Lesson 5.
- You can do a minimum of 3 lesson or day course out of 5 lesson or day course. Please indicate in the booking which day/lesson you will be attending.
- We run the class on Victoria school holiday only. You can book this course for private cooking with minimum of 4 people.
LESSON 1 - CHINESE COOKING
- Shitake Wonton in Soy Broth
- Hot and Sour Soup
- San Choi Bow with Mushroom and Water chestnut
- Sweet and Sour Tofu
- Asian Green with Chinese Mushrooms
- Singapore Noodles, Mung beans
- Veggie Spring Onion Cake
- Sautéed Eggplants, silky tofu, szechuan sauce
- Special Fried Rice with Brussel Sprouts and baked tofu
- Shiitake Mushroom Brown Rice with Crispy Ginger
- Complimentary fruit salad
- Mango Mousse
YOU ALSO LEARN
- Introduction to kitchen tools and equipment
- Food Safety, Professional Knives, Cutting and Chopping
- How to stir fry with wok or pan at home?
- How to make and use sauces?
- Sprout planting
LESSON 2 - THAI COOKING
- Thai Salad, Chickpea, carrot, peanut crumbles, garlic soy dressing
- Tom Yum Style Soup with trio mushrooms
- Peanut sauce fried rice or vegan Thai basil fried rice
- Red, Yellow, Green and Massaman Curry Pastes
- Thai Red Curry with Green Beans
- Green Veggies and Lentil Curry, Bean, Eggplant
- Vegan Pad Thai
- Thai Noodle Salad with Edamame
- Thai Papaya Salad
- Thai Sticky Rice and Mango
YOU ALSO LEARN
- Best practices for cooking vegetables
- How to make chutney, salad and dressing?
- How to season in recipes
- Thai spices and methods of cooking
- Making fresh tofu quickly
- Choice of blended foods and flavour profile
LESSON 3 – VIETNAMESE COOKING
- Nuoc Cham - vegan sauce dip and dressing
- Banh It – Mung bean dumplings
- Goi Cuon – Fresh Rice Paper Rolls
- Chả giò - Spring rolls - Vegan
- Banh My – Vietnamese Lemongrass Tofu Bread Rolls
- Banh xeo - Saigon pancake and king oyster mushroom and mungbeans
- Shitaki and tofu in betel leaf
- Banh Bao Chay – Steamed vegan buns
- Bun Chay Hue Traditional Spicy Hue Style Noodle Soup
- Canh Chua Cay – Tamarind and Pineapple Soup
- Dau Phu Xot Ca Chua – Tofu in tomatoes sauce
- Vietnamese Vermicelli Noodle Salad
- Homemade Soy panacota and ice on arrival
- Chè Chuối – Banana with Sago Pearls and Coconut Milk Sweet Soup.
YOU ALSO LEARN
- The use of herbs in Asian cooking
- Making stock from vegetables
- How to make soup and seasoning?
- Plant based convenient products
- Basic desserts
LESSON 4 - INDIAN AND INDONESIAN COOKING
- Balinese Vegan Satay & Peanut sauce
- Vegetable Korma with Zucchini and Mushroom
- Vegan Butter Chicken Style with Soy Curls, Chickpeas
- Vegan Style Beef Rendang with Seitan, Tofu and Onion
- Eggplant sweet potato lentil curry
- Aloo Gobi, Cauliflower and Potato Curry with Peas
- Red lentil tadka dal
- Gujarati potatoes with sesame seeds
- South Indian Warm mildly spiced Carrot & Cabbage Salad
- Handmade Sesame Garlic Naan
- Yellow rice, coconut, turmeric
- Chickpea flour and coconut fudge
- Vegan turmeric lassi
YOU ALSO LEARN
- The use of spices
- How to cook rice, legume and gains?
- Understand Plant-Based Alternatives
- International food spaetzel, pastas and stuffed pastas
- Demonstration of typical seitan (fake meats) their usages
- Tour of superfoods
LESSON 5 – JAPANESE COOKING
- White Miso Soup Edamame and saffron
- Making 2 types of Sushi and Teriyaki Bowl
- Adedashi Tofu with miso sauce
- Goya Dumplings Shitake and ginger filling
- Okonomiyaki Japanese pancake
- Ramen and Tofu Broth
- Soba Noodle Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Ume Plum Dressing
- Fermented vegetable
- Daikon Salad with sesame dressing
- Vegan Steam Boat
- Avocado and Matcha Green Tea Shake
YOU ALSO LEARN
- Nutrition in the kitchen and Menu planning
- Setting up your kitchen
- Make fresh noodles and dough
- Platting and Bento Box
- Raw vegetables plater
- Beginner to Dehydrating vegetable and fruit